Did you know a recent invention has the potential to fix a slue of major societal problems while guaranteeing Earth steps in the right direction into the future? There is a way that we may be able to save Earth from climate change, while getting rid of many inconveniences people face nowadays.
Solar Roadways, or smart roads, may just be able to save the Earth...and your back aches.
They are roads that are solar panels, and they may be one of the greatest inventions our future generations will thank us for. Did I mention they have LED lights inside of them?
Here's why we should be replacing all roads, driveways, parking lots, parks, and turfs with solar roadways, a real idea that has already had several prototypes and has been implemented in the Netherlands.
1. They pay for themselves. No more paying for gas. The initial cost will eventually be paid back, as the inventor estimated that if all roads in the United States were solar, we could generate up to 3 times as much energy as we currently use.
2. Money is spent repaving and repairing roads anyway. Pot holes, bumps, cracks, and repainting cost tax dollars. LED lights inside solar roadways work as lanes, parking spaces, driveways, and parks. Solar roadways are made out of durable glass that is non-slip, non-glare and even has other special powers...
3. The LED lights can be reprogrammed. That means parks can have a basketball court, or hopscotch, or four square, or field hockey, all in one space. The lights can be programmed to give warning signs to drivers, change roadways instead of using cones, and are lit up in the night so they are easy to see. Festivals and parades could take advantage of this too. Oh and did I mention...
4. The solar panel roads have motion sensors. That means if a deer, boulder, or pedestrian is ahead, the road will light up and tell drivers to slow down. This can prevent many accidents and deaths.
5. The solar roadways stay a few temperature above freezing- which means....NO MORE SNOW PLOWS OR SHOVELING! Those back aches and tax dollars can now be used elsewhere. That means motorcycles and bikes can be used year round.
6. Fossil fuels aren't going to last us forever. Solar energy will be available for the next 15,000,000,0000 years.
7. Solar panel roads can replace the dangerous electric power poles that pollute our views and fall during serious storms, causing fires, people getting electrocuted, and power loss.
8. Everyone can theoretically drive an electric car and charge up using the power from the road. Our carbon footprint would be greatly reduced and you wouldn't have to pay for gas..ever again!
9. The solar roadways are made from recycled material, reducing the carbon footprint even more!
10. Solar roadways are designed to catch storm water runoff as well, preventing pollution from entering our waterways.
11. JOBS! With such a big concern being a lack of jobs for an increasing population, replacing all roads with solar roadways could employ thousands of people. We have the infrastructure.
12. Roads are not doing much at the moment except uselessly collecting heat. Smart roads are real. As I mentioned, there was one recently implemented in the Netherlands with great success. They have generated more power than expected- and it just started out with a bike lane.